[WikiEN-l] New bot up for RFA

dmehkeri at swi.com dmehkeri at swi.com
Tue Jan 9 15:49:11 UTC 2007

> >I'm sure if you asked the guy he'll give you the code, but keeping the code
> >concealed may be a good thing because it'll stave off the bot being
> >compromised for some time.
>
> Yup.  You really think that Wiki folks would keep it quiet if there
> wasn't a plausible reason?  Come on!

We already have several open bot frameworks, it's purportedly an easy task to
whip up a vandalbot. There's even a similar transclusion-checking bot that was
made open source. And surely making MediaWiki itself open source was even more
dangerous, and yet, there you go.

And finally of course there's argumentum ad Jimbo.

Dan