[WikiEN-l] Personal Attacks Intervention Noticeboard up for deletion

MacGyverMagic/Mgm macgyvermagic at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 12:54:43 UTC 2007

[[Wikipedia:Miscellany for deletion/Wikipedia:Personal attack intervention
noticeboard]]

No, no, no! This is the 4th time I'm tearing my hair out over a deletion
debate. At this rate, I'll be bold by the end of the month.
Dealing with personal attacks is an essential part of Wikipedia and deleting
this is like telling trolls it's okay to attack people.

The arguments to delete aren't convincing to me:
1. "It encourages biting."
It actually gives people the chance to ask for help before they blow up and
start biting. Some people aren't good at dealing with attacks, so an
organized effort to help such people is a good thing.

2. "It performs much the same function as WP:ANI."
WP:ANI is overburdened and regularly reaches massive sizes. Keeping this
separate makes these pages easier accessible and easier to read.

Finally, I'd like to note that telling people who attack others to cease and
desist or to block them for repeat violations is NOT the same as biting. It
is entirely supported by policy.

I really want people to be productive and create instead of destroying
things. If you think something is broken, create an alternative, before
deleting the original.

Mgm