[WikiEN-l] Using paragraphs from wikipedia on other websites

mwookie peter at iriselements.com
Tue Jan 9 02:41:33 UTC 2007

Ok, I know this has probably been addressed 100 times, but I can't make sense
of it all. I am created a directory site for my state (New Mexico). I would
like to use wiki information about each city on the site. I don't want to
include the whole articles (mirror like). But I am quoting verbatim text.

Questions:
1) If I include several paragraphs from the text in my website, does my
entire site need to be licensed under the GFDL or just that page, or just
the "text" versus the layout, links, etc.?

2) What is an appropriate link,citation? I have heard or ready that I must
link the history page of the document.

3) Any question that I should be asking, but don't know to ask :)

Well, anyhow. I have read all the reusing content stuff on wikiepedia and I
understand 70% of it, but want to get some more input

An example or what I am thinking of doing is at:
http://newmexicodirect.net/other-nm-cities/artesia/ The majority of the
quoted text is near the bottom of the page.

Also, if you have links to other discussions on the subject, I would love to
see more. Thanks in advance.