[WikiEN-l] Help!

Simetrical Simetrical+wikienl at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 17:01:59 UTC 2007

On 1/8/07, Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:
> I don't know where else to turn for input on this. I closed out of Wikipedia
> last evening - everything was fine. This morning, I tried to access it and
> the entire page is a mess. The WP Globe and contents selections are
> superimposed over the page, and I don't have access to the log-in or other
> such buttons. I tried to access WP via a Google search, and got the same
> thing.
>
> Is anyone else experiencing this? How can I fix it?

First of all: please upgrade to the latest version of IE if possible.
Many modern Web features are not supported by IE5.  I will fix this
mistake immediately, but other website authors might not be so quick
to respond.  Not many website authors have IE5 installed to test with.

Second of all: this is an error on my part.  I changed the format of
the Monobook stylesheet to add better support for handhelds, but
unfortunately the way I chose to do so was problematic for very old
browsers.  I'll fix it now.  It might be an hour or two until this is
fixed on-site.