[WikiEN-l] New bot up for RFA

MacGyverMagic/Mgm macgyvermagic at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 16:54:14 UTC 2007

On 1/8/07, Jeff Raymond <jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com> wrote:

> MacGyverMagic/Mgm wrote:
> > What's the point of showing everyone the code? Are we afraid the owner
> is
> > going to abuse the bot?
>
> What's the point of hiding the code?  Why does it have to be kept a
> secret?
>
> -Jeff

What's the point of demanding openness? The script has had a test run, it
works and it fulfills a need and on top of it all it's run by a trusted
admin. It would be unanimously supported if it was a regular admin request.
Seems overly bureaucratic to demand the code to be open source. One or more
of the antivandal tools are also closed code to prevent vandals from abusing
it and there hasn't been anyone questioning that yet.

Mgm