[WikiEN-l] New bot up for RFA

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Mon Jan 8 15:30:00 UTC 2007

MacGyverMagic/Mgm wrote:
> What's the point of showing everyone the code? Are we afraid the owner is
> going to abuse the bot?

What's the point of hiding the code?  Why does it have to be kept a secret?

And yes, I know there's discussion at the RfA talk page, but "vandals
might use the code" is a poor rationale for not keeping it open.  There's
no good reason to keep it secret, but the headcount is going in the
support column regardless, and that's a shame that it doesn't look like
the arguments regarding openness of the code (suddenly the "we shouldn't
accept things that are less free" folks are quiet) are going to gain any
traction.

-Jeff