[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia jumps _into_ the top 10.

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 14:48:59 UTC 2007

> I'm trying to work of if describeing an ISP as simular to AOL would
> constitute lible.

I'll call my lawyer... ;)

> If only that were so. They instill a complete browser shell over IE.

AOL do, yes. Which makes installing AOL far more complicated than any
other ISP, as you actually have to install something.

> Not exaclty not all ISPs offer all their services in all areas.

It's more different types of internet connection are available in
different places (ADSL, cable, satalite, etc) - if you can get ADSL
from AOL, you can get it from anyone. The speed might be different if
one ISP has LLU at your exchange, but that's all.

> While their customer service is probably better than NTL (not hard)
> that isn't quite what a meant. AOL gives people who want it a sort of
> cordened off area of the internet with nothing more dangerious than
> AOL regulars and certainly nothings as freaky as say 4chan.

There is that. AOL is much more like the pre-internet days of seperate
networks. (Maybe that's why they're so rubbish - they didn't notice
when the internet arrived)