[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia jumps _into_ the top 10.

Mathias Schindler mathias.schindler at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 19:59:29 UTC 2007

On 1/5/07, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 14:10:00 +0000, Neil Harris
> <usenet at tonal.clara.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >Only 8 more to go.
>
> Unlikely, unless we start offering free email or setting every copy of
> Windows to use Wikipedia as its default home page.

We are getting close. Microsoft is using its autoupdate tool to push
the MSIE 7.0 to its dron^wcustomers. People will have the "option" to
"chose" for different search providers for the upper right search form
(maybe you have seen this in FF already). One of the offered search
tools is Wikipedia.

This should - however - not stop us from creating an offline tool that
could be installed instead of Encarta for OEMs...

Mathias