[WikiEN-l] Thousands of *awful* articles on websites

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Thu Jan 4 22:31:30 UTC 2007

Steve Block wrote

> charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com wrote:
> > Steve Block wrote

> >> Go tell it to the Oxford English Dictionary then.
> >
> > The OED does English language usage; we do reference material. Comment has no merit.

> Go list Featured article Spoo for deletion then.

Why? You made a global argument based on a ropey comparison. I happen to think 'reliable sources' needs a bit of modulation according to topic area. But even within "blog/forum/usenet posts", in areas where there is some validity in what is posted, these sources are not generally acceptable, and it is at best a gold-panning exercise.

Charles