[WikiEN-l] Deletionism

James Hare messedrocker at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 11:20:41 UTC 2007

ASSUMPTION OF BAD FAITH ALERT!

Holy Jimbo I don't think I've ever seen such malice towards a group of
contributors (well, then again, I *do* intentionally avoid dramatic areas).
Just because someone likes deleting things doesn't mean they have a personal
security complex where they must satisfy themselves with the destruction of
other people's work. If you are an inclusionist, how would you like it if
someone said that inclusionists want to see Wikipedia fill up with crap? Or
if you are a mergist, how would you like it if someone said that you want to
see Wikipedia articles be astronomical in size to the point no one can read
them or edit them?

As David Gerard said, "working with people you believe are idiots is NOT
OPTIONAL." If we are going to make this work, we have to work together and
fight the real enemies: ignorance and closed content. We are fighting this
by making a freely-distributable encyclopedia.