[WikiEN-l] Thousands of *awful* articles on websites

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 07:36:53 UTC 2007

On 1/3/07, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 14:38:55 -0600 (CST), "Jeff Raymond"
> <jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com> wrote:
>
> >The sooner we start allowing blogs and other self-published publications
> >be reliable sources for these sorts of things, the better.
>
> Yes, you'll get rid of all those tiresome people who think Wikipedia
> is an encyclopaedia and aspire to some kind of credibility, and you
> can get on with the job of documenting crap off teh internets, a genre
> for which there is a real paucity of verbiage based on other crap off
> teh internets.
>
> Wait, I think you just invented Fark.

On good days, this keeps nutsy cruft away.

On bad days, people wave the knife around to the extent that even The
New York Times and books published by reputable publishers aren't
sufficiently reliable, and the unpopular topic of the day gets nuked
anyways.

Consistency apparently isn't our strong suit so far this year...

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com