[WikiEN-l] Thousands of *awful* articles on websites

Kurt Maxwell Weber kmw at armory.com
Thu Jan 4 05:43:57 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 03 January 2007 17:07, charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com wrote:

> Actually, it wasn't funny. It wasn't even a joke, as far as I can see.

Tough shit.  The rest of us don't have to modify our behavior to satisfy the
irrational and capricious preferences of a few uptight jackasses.

> Furthermore Godwin's Law applies: call someone a Nazi, you LOSE the
> argument.

What a wonderful example of your misundertanding of Godwin's law.

Godwin's law is, essentially: "As the length of an argument on
$ELECTRONICCOMMUNICATIONSMEDIUM continues, the probability of a comparison
involving Nazi Germany approaches one."

That's not the exact formulation, of course, but that's the gist of it.
Nothing about "losing" the argument.  Nor should there be.

Why?

Because there are times when comparisons with Nazi Germany are quite apt--such
as in the case you're having a shitfit about.

> I really don't think I'm the one who is maturity-challenged here.

You're the one getting upset about stuff that doesn't matter...

--
Kurt Weber
<kmw at armory.com>