[WikiEN-l] Inline Wiktionary links

Oldak Quill oldakquill at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 00:30:30 UTC 2007

On 02/01/07, Conrad Irwin <conrad.irwin at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> When an obscure term is used in a body of text that has no Wikipedia article
> associated with it, the author of the article, at the moment, has to include
> the meaning of the word in the article itself. Would it not make sense to
> have a way of quickly making links to look up a word in Wiktionary,
> something like {{define|miscellany}}.

Different words will be lost on different people. I've always wanted
some kind of javascript extension/tool where one can right-click a
word (or hold "D" and left click or something) and a small box will
open up with a Wiktionary definition of the word... Perhaps this has
already been written.

Most unknown words are technical and should be linked to their specific article.

--
Oldak Quill (oldakquill at gmail.com)