[WikiEN-l] Thousands of *awful* articles on websites

The Cunctator cunctator at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 22:57:27 UTC 2007

On 1/3/07, charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com <charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com>
wrote:

> "The Cunctator" wrote
>
> > On 1/3/07, charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com <
> charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > "The Cunctator" wrote

> > > You called someone a 'deletion nazi'? This should have been Game Over
> for
> > > your argument.
> >

> > Oh, come on.  See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soup_Nazi
>
> No, since when has attaching 'Nazi' to something been an acceptable way to
> argue?

For a long time.

Don't quote Seinfeld to me. I'm not American, I don't watch it.

That's why I quoted it to you. If you quoted Oscar Wilde to me, I wouldn't
be upset if you gave me a Wikipedia link to understand the reference.

That goes also for others on the list. You 'come on'. Stop being an
> ethnocentric jerk.

Wow. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.

I would note that "Game Over" comes from American video game culture, and
"jerk" comes from American slang.