[WikiEN-l] Thousands of *awful* articles on websites

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 22:22:33 UTC 2007

On 03/01/07, Bogdan Giusca <liste at dapyx.com> wrote:

> Maybe I spent too much time editing history articles, where the source
> credibility matters, but accepting blog/forum/usenet posts as valid
> sources would be a great mistake, IMO.

A one-size-fits-all approach to what constitutes a reliable source is
exceedingly foolish. The sourcing needs to match the subject matter.

(The news media is not "reliable". It's "easily verified", which is
not the same thing at all. Many blogs are a hell of a lot more
reliable for factual information than many newspapers.)

- d.