[WikiEN-l] User date preferences (refactoring existing dates)

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 21:15:20 UTC 2007

> From: "Thomas Dalton" <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>
> Is it just me, or are you always almost finished on features by the
> time someone thinks to suggest them?

This one has been a long-standing request, in fact...I find that I
frequently look at a bug now, and remember, when I was a little junior
committer...thinking, "good god, that'll be impossible." Of course,
now I call it trivial and implement it and end up realising it WAS
impossible, and something's gone horribly pear-shaped...

> From: "Andrew Gray" <shimgray at gmail.com>
> Are you planning any way of having this be selective? I'm wondering
> about the effect of "correcting" direct quotations, or the titles of
> works cited as references...

Yes; it won't touch stuff outside <date></date> tags. This is
primarily for the concerns you cited, and also a secondary requirement
I self-mandated, which will keep the performance cost down. The idea
is that this is, in fact, an extension.

Rob Church