[WikiEN-l] Not so broken after all, perhaps

Ilmari Karonen nospam at vyznev.net
Tue Jan 2 16:58:33 UTC 2007

Gurch wrote:
> Luna wrote:
>>
>> What say we add new nominations to the top, instead? Might get them a bit
>> more attention.
>
> That's a good idea - and when you think about it the logical way to do
> these things. Though I can guarantee if this change is adopted, the
> first day it goes into effect the nominations will all end up in a
> jumbled heap :)

There's a pretty simple fix that will avoid most of the confusion: just
include a HTML comment at the bottom of the list saying something to the
effect of "<!-- NO, you fool, add your nomination at the OTHER END!
-->".  (We actually have one at the top already, it just needs to be
moved to the bottom and made more conspicuous.)

Though I suppose the various "AfD helper" user scripts may not notice
that; it might be a good idea to go around fixing them in advance, with
some conditional code so that they'll start working right as soon as the
comments are changed.

--
Ilmari Karonen