[WikiEN-l] Opinions sought: linking source-access dates per MoS?

Matt R matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 2 16:03:56 UTC 2007

--- Christopher Thieme <cdthieme at gmail.com> wrote:

> The two completing MOS provisions are:

We have two competing MOS provisions because square-bracketing dates achieves
two unrelated effects: creating a link to the article on that date, and
formatting it according to user preferences. It's really time we separated the
syntax for this (assuming we can find a suitable solution and amenable
developers). See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Manual_of_Style_%28dates_and_numbers%29#A_new_parallel_syntax_for_autoformatting_dates

Regarding the FAC, perhaps you could link them to make the preferences work
(although it matters little and it's hardly worth an objection on FAC).

-- Matt

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Matt_Crypto
Blog: http://cipher-text.blogspot.com