[WikiEN-l] Ephemeral nature of web pages - a silly idea?

zero 0000 nought_0000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 2 13:33:04 UTC 2007

We allow web pages as sources under some reliability
criteria, even though the web page might change or go
away.  We choose to live with this problem as a lesser
evil than banning web sources altogether.  But, I was
wondering: could Wikipedia not keep its own archive of
web pages used as sources?  Or some such web pages?
This is a minimally thought out proposal as you can tell!

Zero.