[WikiEN-l] Not so broken after all, perhaps

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 12:56:39 UTC 2007

On 01/01/07, Luna <lunasantin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I suppose we could use {{CURRENTSECOND}} to transclude 1 of 60
> sub-templates, which in turn contain something around 200 #ifexist:
> statements to transclude the various AfD sub-pages. It'd be a lot of work to
> set up, but it's simpler than it sounds. AfD logs would look something like
> this...

Run it past the devs so they don't want to kill anyone for trying this.

(AFD has been problematic in the past. The old VFD, which included
seven days' deletion discussions in one huge multi-megabyte HTML page,
was not only a major pain in the backside for the users, it caused
server performance problems all by itself. Leading to the present
situation where it's broken up by days.)

I wonder if it's possible to implement the Towers of Hanoi in template
code. Or Emacs. Or a wiki bot.

- d.