[WikiEN-l] Opinions sought: linking source-access dates per MoS?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 11:38:30 UTC 2007

On 02/01/07, Christopher Thieme <cdthieme at gmail.com> wrote:

> Right now an article I'm working on getting FA-status for is at a point of
> complying with ambiguous and contradictory MoS provisions.  A user who
> objects to an article undergoing an FA-candidacy does so on the grounds that
> dates in citations stating when internet sources are accessed by an article
> contributor should be wikilinked.

This sort of pointless querulousness is why I gave up on FAC. I
strongly advise you to do what's best for the article first.

Linking "retrieved" dates strikes me as not particularly useful and
looks like overlinking. The only plus I can see for it is that it
triggers the date-format preference mechanism.

- d.

- d.