[WikiEN-l] Opinions sought: linking source-access dates per MoS?

Christopher Thieme cdthieme at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 02:47:16 UTC 2007

Message: 5
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 21:04:54 -0500
From: "Rory Stolzenberg" <rory096 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Opinions sought: linking source-access dates
       per MoS?
To: "English Wikipedia" <wikien-l at wikipedia.org>

On 1/1/07, Rory Stolzenberg" <rory096 at gmail.com> wrote:

> ... Full dates are an exception to WP:CONTEXT.

And just where does WP:CONTEXT or any other guideline say that?  From my
reading it doesn't.  Exceptions to rules or guidelines can't solely exist in
the lacunae of convention and consensus, they need to be explicitly
written.  Until it's written as a de jure exception to WP:CONTEXT, I'd very
much inclined to disagree with the above statement.

Regards,
Christopher D. Thieme
(User:ExplorerCDT)

P.S. Is it just me or does Wikipedia need a policy house-cleaning to fix up
these contradictions and ambiguities? ~cdt