[WikiEN-l] Scott McCloud on Wikipedia

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Wed Feb 28 18:28:08 UTC 2007

John Lee wrote:

>And as for the latest Paris
>fashions, we have an article for every year of the Oscars - why not an
>article for every year of a Paris fashion show, as long as the sources are
>there?

Absolutely.  I personally make a point of being fashion unconscious, but
I know that there are others that are interested in such things.  An
article or articles that chronical these annual changes could serve very
well in helping to understand how the fashion industry works.  How do
they manage in their marketting strategies to convince people to pay
outrageous prices for new clothes when the old ones are still perfectly
wearable.

Imagine an open source fashion industry!  Anybody could have original
designer clothing by building drawings on a web site.  The drawings are
interpreted by someone who can sew, and the finished product is sent to
you within a few days. :-)

Ec