[WikiEN-l] Scott McCloud on Wikipedia

John Lee johnleemk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 14:29:51 UTC 2007

On 2/28/07, Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:

> on 2/28/07 8:39 AM, John Lee at johnleemk at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Well, kind of the idea of creating a new class of users involved with
> the
> > English WP was to create a new "top" so we wouldn't need to rely on the
> > mandate coming from Jimbo who, I think, is a bit isolated from the
> things
> > that go on in WP on a daily basis.
>
> John,
>
> I just don't see how a group can lead - without a group leader.
>
> Marc

Well, a small committee would surely be more effective than total anarchy -
which is sort of what we have now. Criticisms of group leadership would be
applicable if we asked the admins to lead - that's simply ridiculous - but a
small committee, perhaps akin to the arbcom, would be better, IMO. Every CEO
needs a COO, CTO, etc. after all.

Johnleemk