[WikiEN-l] Presentation to readers

Phil Sandifer Snowspinner at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 16:12:37 UTC 2007

On Feb 27, 2007, at 8:06 AM, Andrew Gray wrote:

> Hmm. I like it.
>
> "The Wikipedia community has identified issues with the quality of
> this article; [click here] to show more specific details or [see the
> talk page] for discussion regarding the issue"
>
> First link brings a dropdown as with the banners template; second
> takes you to talk. If you were particularly clever, "the quality"
> could be changed on the fly to reflect the specific tagging...

This is, of course, an even better idea. The only quibble I have is
that I dislike the use of "the Wikipedia community," which seems to
me to go too far in the other direction in establishing a split
between reader and editor.

Perhaps "It has come to our attention that this article may not be as
good as we'd like it to be. [click here] to see more specific
details..." and so on.

-Phil