[WikiEN-l] Presentation to readers

geni geniice at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 02:42:36 UTC 2007

On 2/27/07, Phil Sandifer <Snowspinner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Another thought on this topic.
>
> What if we replaced all of our problem tags with something generic -
> {{notverygood}} or something. I'm thinking wording along the lines of:
>
> "This article isn't very good yet. If you came here to learn about
> this topic, we apologize that we aren't able to help you as well as
> we'd like. If you know a bit about this topic already, please feel
> free to help to fix it. Some concerns people have are probably
> located on the talk page."
>
> And then the mass of other stuff - {{npov}}, {{unverified}},
> {{notability}}, etc could all move to the talk page. This puts a
> reader-friendly face forward, while retaining the information about
> what's wrong for editors.
>
> -Phil

I suggested this about a year ago. The main problem is that non
specific warnings are not very useful. Thus things like {{NPOV}}
{{hoax}} really do need to be at the top of the article.

Things like {{notability}} whatever the tags are for cats needed and
total lack of citations tags can go on the talk page but ah it didn't
catch on last time so I assume there is some oposition somewhere or
that people don't really care about the problem.

--
geni