[WikiEN-l] Works cited in Wikipedia

Stan Shebs stanshebs at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 27 00:04:48 UTC 2007

Andrew Gray wrote:
> ...well, works cited where the citation involves an ISBN, anyway.
>
> http://www.librarything.com/blog/2007/02/wikipedia-citatons-with-feed.php
>
> Quite an interesting idea to play with, there.

What a coincidence - I was just today pondering how it was that many of
the books in my librarything collection seem not to be referenced by WP
articles, even some of those to which I personally added the reference.
Not necessarily vandalism though, one thing we learn quickly from
librarything is just how many dozens of ISBNs can be associated with a
particular work...

An interesting future possibility is to provide a route for article
checkers to get in touch with people who actually own the book being
referenced.

Stan