[WikiEN-l] Scott McCloud on Wikipedia

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Sun Feb 25 16:13:16 UTC 2007

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 19:10:57 EST, SonOfYoungwood at aol.com wrote:

>I agree that the deletionists are starting to act a little on the  ridiculous
>side, and something needs to be done soon. Wikipedia needs an  injection of
>common sense.

No, what it actually needs is for all vanity spammers and school kids
to be blocked on sight.  Sadly we don't have a good mechanism for that
yet.  But once the vanity spammers and kids go, the firehose of crap
will slow to a trickle and we will be able to see the wood from the
trees.

Right now we often get fifty REALLY REALLY LOUD fans of something
called in from the web forum and zero reliable sources.  What are we
supposed to do?

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk