[WikiEN-l] Scott McCloud on Wikipedia

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 25 05:46:15 UTC 2007

SonOfYoungwood at aol.com wrote:
> I agree that the deletionists are starting to act a little on the  ridiculous
> side, and something needs to be done soon. Wikipedia needs an  injection of
> common sense.

Does anyone know what the status of article validation or version
tagging or whatever the specific term is for that feature? I looked
around but the latest edits to pages about this topic were from mid-2006
or so.

I've long felt that something like it could be the key to resolving (or
at least drastically reducing) the inclusionism/deletionism dispute. If
there were a way to tag articles as warranting inclusion in a Wikipedia
1.0 or not, I believe there wouldn't be such a strong drive to outright
_delete_ stuff that some people believe is "unencyclopedic" or
"non-notable". The articles about Pokemon or webcomics or whatever else
is controversial on those grounds could be tagged appropriately,
allowing distributors of Wikipedia forks and mirrors to choose their own
threshold for notability with simple filters.