[WikiEN-l] A new way of image uploading. Sort of

Jens Frank jf at mormo.org
Sat Feb 24 08:55:38 UTC 2007

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 12:59:42PM +0000, geni wrote:
> OK there is still some fiddling to be done but You can see the first
> example of something I hope will become widespread here:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Mamet
>
> be sure to click the image to look around the stuff behind it (mostly
> a new separate image upload page but there are other things)
>
> As I said it isn't quite finished and suggestions are welcome.

I'm really happy that someone started working on improving the image
upload.

The logo is nice and easy to understand. But after clicking it, I arrive
at a page that has 4 lines of text in 4 different sizes. The average
user will read the biggest text first, and that's a text ending in
"click here". The next thing I get after "clicking here" is a "Not logged
in" message - without a returnto link taking me back to the image
upload.

Ok, back to the page I got after clicking the image. The line with the
smalles font has a notice telling me to register an account.