[WikiEN-l] Daniel Brandt

Slim Virgin slimvirgin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 22:15:45 UTC 2007

On 2/23/07, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't spend much time at DRV, what's the policy for DRVs that have
> no consensus? This one is looking like a fairly even split. Common
> sense would seem (to me) to be that consensus to endorse is required
> for speedy deletions, otherwise they get undeleted, and consensus to
> undelete is required for AfDs, otherwise they stay deleted. In other
> words, this article should probably end up being undeleted. Is that
> how it works, or is there precedent for something else?

Good question. A recent DRV of one of the Rachel Marsden articles -- I
speedied it in accordance with an ArbCom ruling, which allowed speedy
deletion if an admin felt there were BLP issues -- had a majority in
favor of keeping it deleted, but an admin undeleted it anyway, then
moved it to AfD, arguing that there had to be a consensus in favor of
the deletion, not just a majority.

The policy seems to imply this is the case with all deletions, not
just speedies, which means that DRV has basically become pointless,
assuming I've understood it correctly.

Sarah