[WikiEN-l] Daniel Brandt

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Fri Feb 23 17:17:50 UTC 2007

On 2/23/07, Mark Ryan <ultrablue at gmail.com> wrote:
> Considering that history, how could it possibly be considered
> appropriate to close this article's deletion review after only 2.5
> hours, when most interested users have not even had notice of the
> DRV's existence?

Agreed. This may or may not be a good time to re-evaluate Brandt's
notability, but trying to push through an obviously out of process
deletion through aggressive posturing is not my idea of how Wikipedia
should work. The proposition that this will reduce the time wasted on
this issue is self-defeating; all this is going to accomplish is set
into a motion another shitstorm around this issue, and hurt the
Wikipedia community.
--
Peace & Love,
Erik

"An old, rigid civilization is reluctantly dying. Something new, open,
free and exciting is waking up." -- Ming the Mechanic