[WikiEN-l] Daniel Brandt

Eugene van der Pijll eugene at vanderpijll.nl
Fri Feb 23 16:51:50 UTC 2007

Jeff Raymond schreef:
> Mark Ryan wrote:
>
>   > You don't think we should delete people's biographies upon request,
> > where those people are of very marginal notability? Because apparently
> > it's quite common for us to perform such deletions upon request
> > nowadays, under WP:BLP or something.
>
> No.  I also disagree with the idea of "marginal" "notability" for
> Brandt.

IMHO, it's perfectly possible to make a good encyclopedia without a
Daniel Brandt page. If his page was deleted because of his repeated
demands, it would be bad. But we shouldn't just keep the page just
because he's annoying us.

> Yanksox should be blocked for vandalism and deadminned
> immediately, but that won't happen.

I may agree with this. It does seem to me to have been a move designed
to be controversial, and to disrupt wikipedia to leave a departing
message.

On the other hand, consensus seems to be that he's right, so... in view
of AGF and IAR, ... let's just say this whole affair is simply NOT
IMPORTANT ENOUGH to be upset about it.

> Wikipedia's completely lost its way.

It's still a damn fine encyclopedia, with or without [[Daniel Brandt]].

Eugene