[WikiEN-l] Moderation on this mailing list

James Forrester jdforrester at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 17:17:37 UTC 2007

On 21/02/07, Parker Peters <parkerpeters1002 at gmail.com> wrote:
> If Adminship were not a big deal, then losing adminship would not be a big
> deal.

Nonsense. It's amazing (and, frankly, mystifying) to me how often this
awfully poor logical conclusion comes up.

"Being a sysop is not a big thing, anyone can become one" is
equivalent to saying "If you are judged unable to become a sysop,
then, wow, you really must be two nuts short of a bolt".

The corollary is that if you do have your sysop bit removed, you are
now being accused of, indeed, having a shortage of bolt-fasteners.

If we did hold sysops to some impossibly high standard - and, it
should be pointed out, I personally see nothing wrong, and a great
deal right, with holding Arbitrators and Stewards to this level, for
instance - then, yes, being desysoped would not be such a big thing
because people would fail the test all the time. But we don't, so it
is, because they don't. See?

[Sorry for being annoyed at yet another faulty repetition of illogic.]

Yours,
--
James D. Forrester
jdforrester at wikimedia.org | james at jdforrester.org | jdforrester at gmail.com