[WikiEN-l] Rx Dosage Instructions in Wikipedia

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Mon Feb 19 05:11:51 UTC 2007

Brian Salter-Duke wrote:
> We have to also think about the fact that "prescription drugs" and "call
> your doctor" are First World things. In West Africa for example, what we
> call prescription drugs are often frequently available in the market.
> Their misuse is one of the factors that leads to drug resistent bacteria.
> Maybe reliable information about doses may be usefull here. I'm not
> sure.

And not just in West Africa. When I lived in Chicago, the immigrant-run
corner store near my house had a variety of black-market prescription
drugs. At first I was horrified, but when I did the math on exactly how
many hours your average illegal immigrant had to work to pay for one
doctor's visit, it made a lot more sense.

William