[WikiEN-l] Requirements for Adminship

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Sun Feb 18 23:39:18 UTC 2007

on 2/18/07 5:08 PM, K P at kpbotany at gmail.com wrote:

> Ec is correct, there is no consensus, besides that which the ownership of
> Wikipedia by the cyber-living has already established.  At some point, imo,
> it has to be decided, is Wikipedia a general online encyclopedia that
> anybody can edit, or is it an elitist workspace for an elitist group of
> people who live in cyberspace?  Because this latter group is none too fond
> of the anybodies of the world.
>

> KP

This entire post is excellent and, I'm sure for some, painfully insightful,
and deadly accurate. Solutions? A societal structure needs a cultural one to
support it. And a culture is created, promoted and nurtured from the very
top of an organization. None of this is going to change until the ethic at
the top does.

Marc Riddell