[WikiEN-l] Rx Dosage Instructions in Wikipedia

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 18 20:28:37 UTC 2007

George Chriss wrote:
> If the AMA does provide such recommendations.  Having a vandal change specific dosage amounts is a scary prospect, as some people may actually trust our information at face value.

Seems to me that having people trust information from Wikipedia about
drug dosages at face value _at all_ is the scary prospect. I wouldn't
bake a cake using a recipe from Wikipedia without checking against
outside sources first, whether the article's history showed vandalism or
not. We already have medical disclaimers specifically intended to cover
this, IMO we shouldn't have to go to great lengths to protect idiots
against themselves.