[WikiEN-l] Rx Dosage Instructions in Wikipedia

George Chriss GChriss at psu.edu
Sun Feb 18 19:00:49 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Is there a substantive reason that we provide dosage information on prescription drugs?  I generally remove the following sections on sight:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diazepam#Dosagehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trimipramine#Dosagehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bromazepam#Dosage

Even with a general site disclaimer, the above information may be non-encyclopedic.  Wikipedia is not a how-to guide, a doctor, a pharmacist, a drug buddy, the FDA, or an informational insert packaged with prescription drugs.  Wikipedia is simply a bad place to get medical advice.  A section done well, however:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LSD#Dosage
Please let me know what you think, or any links to pre-existing discussion.
Thanks, George
en: [[User:GChriss]]