[WikiEN-l] WelcomeCommitteeBot?

xaosflux xaosflux at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 13:50:01 UTC 2007

These usually get rejected over at [[WP:RFBOT]].  The last one rejected I
can find is [[Wikipedia:Bots/Requests for approval/Welcomebot]], with the
reasonable basis that it was being proposed by an operator that was indef
blocked.

Some of the issues that come up with this perenial proposal are:
*Dealing with dynamic IP addresses when welcoming anons and
*Being "personal", the idea below about putting  a random (rotating) contact
on the message may address that, but without leaving specific instuctinos
the new user may try to reply to "you the welcomer" by editing their own
talk, and noone will be watching it.

[[en:user:xaosflux]]