[WikiEN-l] Requirements for Adminship

Ron Ritzman ritzman at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 02:54:23 UTC 2007

On 2/15/07, Keitei <nihthraefn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Admins must:
>         be neutral, above all else.
>                 when they block
>                 when they protect
>                 when they delete
>         recuse when they are unable to be neutral
>         have the understanding of policy to know when it is objectively okay
> to block/protect/delete
>         be able to judge consensus
>         not be a timebomb

I took a quick look in RFA and noticed that most consideration seems
to on number of mainspace edits. One candidate was opposed because
most of his edits were policy/AFD discussions and such. Excuse me but
isn't that what admins are for, "policy and such"?

I'm almost tempted to look for an IP address with thousands of edits
and nominate it for admin. It would probably get the nod.