[WikiEN-l] Requirements for Adminship

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Fri Feb 16 12:48:43 UTC 2007

Hi,

sorry for jumping into this thread without reading the other responses
first, but here's mine... :-)

Keitei wrote:
> Admins must:
> 	be neutral, above all else.

This is already wrong. An admin who does not do any blocking, protecting
or deleting, is by definition harmless, but they need not be neutral (in
what they secretly believe would deserve deletion or protection). You
would be denying adminship to such a person even though it would not
cause any harm, therefore you are turning adminship into the "big deal"
again that we are trying hard not to make it.

> Therefore, admin candidates must:
> 	demonstrate they can [...]

This is clearly wrong. What you are saying is that someone who cannot
demonstrate that they would be a good admin before they're actually an
admin, can't become admin. Catch-22!

You are also reiterating this false belief that someone who does not fit
your criteria must not ever be admin even for a minute, i.e. you are
acting as if adminship could never be removed again.

So, my corrected version of your assessment would look something like this:

- Admins must, *on the whole*,
	be neutral (in deleting, protecting, blocking)

- Therefore, an admin who deletes, protects or blocks something/someone
   unfairly, must be de-adminned. Everyone else can, by definition, be
   admin without causing harm.

Timwi