[WikiEN-l] Fwd: Fascistopedia as Slashdot notes it, definitely

Stan Shebs stanshebs at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 15 22:09:37 UTC 2007

George Herbert wrote:
> On 2/15/07, Stan Shebs <stanshebs at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> Truth Beholder wrote:
>>
>>> Fascist to the core.
>>>
>>> Truth Beheld, Wikipedia is a bunch of Fascist Assholes.
>>>

>> That's right, we're bad evil people, you're better off not dealing with
>> us ever again.
>>
>> One of our admins is so bad and evil that she collects home addresses
>> and phone numbers and financial records of people who irritate her,
>> starting from only their email addresses. She says it's just a hobby,
>> but everybody is scared of her anyway. Worse, her login name is an
>> actual bug exploit and crashes every browser and mail reader except Lynx
>> (which is the one she uses), so I can't even type it in here. You should
>> cancel your gmail account quickly before she tracks you down.
>>
>> Stan
>>

> One thing I try to keep in mind in posting to high-visibility mailing lists:
>
> Everything you type could end up in the New York Times or Washington
> Post or on CNN.
>
> I know better, and you know better, but a random out-of-context viewer
> would take the above badly.

In fact I've actually read the early-80s Rand report on email that was
perhaps the first to make that observation. But if I can get some idiot
reporter to breathlessly report on a mysterious bug exploit that is at
once capable of crashing browsers on Intels, PPCs, Macs, Windows, and
Linux, it will be well worth any personal hassles!

Anyway, if moderators aren't going to moderate, plan B is to try scaring
the morons away. :-)

Stan