[WikiEN-l] Your comments on wikien-l regarding adminship

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 13:27:20 UTC 2007

On 2/15/07, Timwi <timwi at gmx.net> wrote:
> Surely this is the same old argument that also says that wikis can't
> work because anyone could rack up 20-30 socks and keep reverting their
> favourite articles to their favourite biased version.

Want to fight against 30+ socks without admin backup?

> If you let more people be admins, there *will be* enough admins around
> to block 20-30 misbehaving accounts. Notice that if one of them gets
> blocked (desysopped) for good reason, one of the socks resysopping him
> would also qualify as misbehaving; eventually all of the socks will be
> blocked (desysopped).

Wouldn't bother with resysopping. Just keep up the attack with the
next sock. or wait a few days and use that one. either way by the time
all the sock are blocked it is too too late.

>Vandals will soon realise that it is not worth it,
> and after a short initial rage, people will stop even attempting to
> create 30 sockpuppet accounts.

Because that has been what has happened with 100% of our vandals so far.
--
geni