[WikiEN-l] Deletion propsals

Flame Viper flameviper12 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 15 01:11:51 UTC 2007

I think that a "nom for delete" tab would be an excellent idea.
Obviously, it would be abused, but so can the entire Wikipedia concept of editable pages. That hasn't stopped us yet.
But in order to make it somewhat reliable as a source of legitimate information, we would probably have to make it available only to logged-in users. The same thing is already in use for page moves, so there is no danger of breaking precedent.
And if even that isn't enough, we might even have to bury the option somewhere in User Preferences.
The technology is already avaliable to nom an article for CSD (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Flameviper/monobook.js), we only have to modify it to work for AFD and prod.

SO THAR.