[WikiEN-l] Your comments on wikien-l regarding adminship

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Feb 13 18:39:27 UTC 2007

Thomas Dalton wrote:

>Using the same system for assigning
>admin powers as we use for assigning editing powers *will* result in
>large amounts of admin vandalism, that's just simple extrapolation.

Extrapolation is indeed the logic of the simple.  Had we depended
entirely on extrapolating the visible world of Newtonian physics,
Einstein's relativity might never have been discovered.

>Saying that cleaning up admin vandalism will be harder than cleaning
>up regular vandalism is a logical deduction, it's not based on
>evidence, you're right, but it is based on very solid reasoning.

Wow!  Do you understand what you said?  You have managed to undermine
the entire 17th century debate between rationalism and empiricism. =-O

Ec