[WikiEN-l] LA Times reporter interviewing users

Gary Kirk gary.kirk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 19:56:07 UTC 2007

A new Wikipedian (SPA as-yet but meh) who is a reporter has been
asking users about their experience of updating articles with the
latest information about subjects, specifically the recent death of
Anna Nicole Smith and how the article was managed by Wikipedians - the
usual reverting (WP:BLP, {{fact}}) to vandalism afterwards. Says he
thinks it would make an interesting article (for his paper :)).

I don't know what the users he's contacted have said, but I thought he
could be pointed to, for example, WP:BLP and its notice board, and how
we dealt with [[Kenneth Lay]]'s death, which journalists before I
recall were impressed with.

--
Gary Kirk