[WikiEN-l] Sanger and CZ

Oskar Sigvardsson oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 10:21:38 UTC 2007

On 2/11/07, Glen S <wikiglen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Tell me, have any of you read this:
> http://daveydweeb.com/2007/02/07/citizendium-isnt-interested-in-your-opinion/
>
> I was shocked when I read it... that is, until I read Sanger's response
> beneath it... then I was absolutely dumbfounded. With a guy with that
> attitude at the helm, I'm expecting the CZ project to fizzle out VERY
> quicky.

What instantly struck me when reading that post (and a few more) was
how lucky we are to have gotten Jimbo instead of Larry. We love you,
Jimbo!

We are obviously only hearing one side of the story, but even so it's
pretty crazy. Hearing from the former CZ editor in the comments
backing him up helped, of course. It does really help to show the
difference between Wikipedia and Citizendium; if someone put up a page
listing something that needed to be done on wikipedia, it would be a
helpful contribution; if he/she did that on citizendium, it's an
arrogant teenager who doesn't know his place and should let the
grownups do all the decisions.

Another thing, about that "if I don't micromanage things, it won't get
done!" attitude, has he never heard of wikipedia? If nothing else,
wikipedia has shown that there are plenty of people that are willing
to step up and manage things, and work together. I mean, wikipedia is
a hell of a lot bigger than citizendium (article, community and
policy-wise), and we can manage it fine. It isn't an anarchy, it's a
quite well ordered society, with very little input from Jimbo.

Makes me glad I'm a contributor here, and not there, s'all I'm saying.

--Oskar