[WikiEN-l] Admin burnout (deputy admins)

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 01:00:41 UTC 2007

> You have no choice:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ALog&type=delete&user=&page=
>
> There is nop humane way to check to see if all those deleations were
> correct and within policy.

Well, we can do deletion log patrol, just as we do recent changes
patrol at the moment. Spotting the vandalism isn't too hard, it's
cleaning up after it when you have no greater powers than the vandals
which is hard. It's not impossible, and if we would get significant
gain out of giving everyone access to the delete button then it might
be worth it, but we would get very little gain, so it's simply not
worth the hassle.