[WikiEN-l] Unsourced album cover (was: Admin burnout)

jkelly at fas.harvard.edu jkelly at fas.harvard.edu
Sat Feb 10 19:13:30 UTC 2007

  Guy,

Quoting Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net>:

> OK.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:0008811297923.jpg
>
> An album cover, with a fair use rationale, used in the right place,
> but tagged for speedy as "no source" - do I delete it or not?

  If you're interested in what, in theory, should happen when one is cleaning
out image CSDs, take a look at it now -- I edited the page to identify the
copyright holder (we need to do this), added our standard fair use rationale
for an album cover.  I then orphaned the image, because it wasn't being used in
the way the rationale specifies -- it was decorating a discography listing on
the artists' page, not being used in an article about the album.

                 Jkelly