[WikiEN-l] Original research

Fred Bauder fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Sat Feb 10 13:22:08 UTC 2007

For some reason the link to his user talk page doesn't work. But there is such a user. He carried on an extensive dialog with user Vsmith. Follow the link back and try user contributions and you can access his talk page. The site he speaks of is on Wikia at

http://academia.wikia.com/wiki/Amateur_Astronomy

and is a part of

http://academia.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

These sites are transparently dedicated to original research.

You can contact Jimmy at jwales at wikia.com

This debate is not new and it is well settled that original research cannot be published on Wikipedia, or even considered a reliable source if it is not published in a peer reviewed source.

Please see Wikipedia:No original research

Fred